Are you a whip-smart, creative, newshound? Do you know your way around an editor’s inbox, a news room and a producer’s content schedule? Do you get a thrill from landing stories in the press?
We are a guerrilla communications business focused on delivering reach for our clients and on our projects, working across tech, lifestyle, and environmental sectors.
We deliver PR, social media, SEO, branding and creative comms to a wealth of clients from individuals to start-ups and beyond. Each member of our team has skills across these areas but brings a unique specialism to each project. We’re a tight-knit team of passionate, outgoing creatives who love to collaborate just as much as we like to take ownership of each project.
Landing coverage in national broadcast press (think BBC, ITV, Al Jazeera), gaining pick up in international press (such as Forbes, Fortune et al), gaining column inches in specialist titles (looking at Computer Weekly, Smart Cities World, The Grocer et al) and features in UK stalwarts (The Guardian, Sunday Times, Good Housekeeping…) is the norm – and we want you to lead on this as we continue to grow.
PR and Media Manager
We’d like you to drive our PR and media activities both on specific projects and on a speculative basis through specific campaigns (which you will contribute creatively to), product/report launches, announcements, promotion of key figureheads (personal PR), and commentary on trending issues. There is also the exciting element of working with online influencers and the digital world to create reach for our clients and their business.
Ideally, you have 3+ years experience of delivering beautiful PR and press activities, with evidence and results to prove it. You are also adept at handling multiple projects at any one time, and like being part of a small team where your work and impact counts.
Our ideal PR and Media Manager will have:
- 3+ years experience in a PR/Media role
- Experience working in an agency and managing multiple clients
- Excellent time management and organisation
- An ability to manage expectations and advise clients
- Confidence leading on a project
- A creative spark, bringing new ideas to the table
- A drive to deliver results, often going above and beyond
- Worked in a team, feeding back and sharing ideas
Nice to haves:
- An established network of journalist contacts across the UK
- Access to journalists from worldwide publications
- Experience managing a small team
- An interest in business development, networking and looking for new client opportunities
What we can offer
We offer more than just an opportunity to stand out in a role that allows you to take control, in a team that lives and breathes marketing, tech and creativity.
We have a ton of benefits:
- £24,000 – 28,000 per annum (based on experience)
- 20 days paid holiday
- Your birthday off
- Discretionary bonus based on performance
- Flexible working – optional one day work from home a week but you can also work from anywhere when needed
- City central office location (and access to a shared balcony with bar with great natural daylight)
- An office is based in the centre of Bristol – 5 mins from St Nicholas’ food market
- Private office in a tech co-working space – with floor to ceiling windows
- Part of Runway East Bristol co-working space (with cake Wednesday and drinks trolley Friday)
- Time off in lieu of early morning and evening events
To apply, please send us a short slideshow that will bring your experience to life – demonstrating your projects, challenges and achievements, and what you think you’ll bring to this role.
Closing date is 6th February 2019.
Please send your application to Emily@OggaDoon.co.uk
Note: This is not a graduate role nor would it suit anyone with less than 2-3 years experience. However, you do not currently need to be in a management/senior role right now to apply.