Your chance to join us as our PR Lead
We are on the hunt for an Associate Director or Senior Manager to head up our PR function with a strong tech bias and take OggaDoon, a guerrilla marketing and communications business, to the next level in both outstanding PR and media delivery, and in achieving our growth plans and potential. With no glass ceiling to tie you down or keep your tethered, this role is for you if:
- You want to work with people and businesses that have a passion and purpose
- You are able to excel, we mean really shine, at all things PR and content comms
- You LOVE all things tech, cyber, SaaS.
- You want to see and feel the rewards for your hard work
- You want to simply be the best at what you do
Now, let’s get on to the perks…
In this senior role, you will be working on par with the CEO to drive OggaDoon to achieve its realistic and ambitious growth, performance and reputational targets. For this, you will get:
- £32k – £38k (depending on if you are senior manager or associate director level with a substantial income increase (subject to personal and company performance targets being met) and then, it’s in your hands
- Attractive bonus scheme based on retained and new business, plus overall company performance
- Pension scheme
- 20 days holiday (rising to 22 once 12 months employment completed subject to performance targets) + Climate Perks travel bonus
- We never work on our birthday so you get birthday off
- We don’t work Christmas Eve
- All public holidays
- City centre office based in a vibrant co-working space
- 4 days based in office, 1 day flexible
- Time off in lieu for any out-of-hours working such as company events, client project requirements
- Monthly company lunch out
- Quarterly company socials
This role is not for those who
- Want a safe process driven occupation
- Would like to do similar tasks each day
- Want to be instructed what to do
- Do not like rolling up their sleeves
- Don’t want to deal with exciting opportunities
- Do not have a passion for PR, content, communications
If that isn’t you either, read on and then get in contact.
We work with people and businesses that have a passion and a purpose in the tech, environmental and property sectors (sometimes all three at once) and we are looking for that senior person that has an enviable background in all or some of this:
- Top level media liaison and contacts (broadcast, Tier 1 and global)
- PR coverage and results that are demonstrable (particularly in the tech sector)
- Ability to generate PR and media opportunities
- Creative PR campaigns that shift the share price dial or drive sales
- Reactive delivery for unplanned opportunities
- Results proven campaigns
- Superb client relationship skills
- Great agency experience
- Experience in the tech sector (any) is helpful
- PR/marketing qualifications or accreditations
- Experience of pitching and winning new business
- 5 years + experience
We have recently acquired a clutch of new projects whilst maintaining our retained business. You could pioneer these relationships.
Sound like your thing? Get in touch.
What does the job require?
Ideally you love tech – all kinds of it: Saas, Health Tech, Cyber Tech, Crypto, App, TelCos, Networks etc.
- Liaison and relationship management with journalists, editors and producers across Tier 1 and sector specific UK and international media (printed, broadcast and online)
- Digging and delving to create briefs, releases and hooks that address ‘Why should I care’ to gain coverage
- Lead and elicit creative campaigns and retainers that attract, excite and impact delivering results
- Business As Usual PR for all your projects gaining coverage and reach on a monthly basis
- Development, direction, execution and accountability for creative PR and communications campaigns
- Development and delivery of strategic comms and marketing plans
- Development and delivery of PR and communications workshops
- Development and delivery of media training
- Development and delivery of PR and comms for events, crowd funds and product launches
- Highly skilled in all types of writing, for all styles – we are talking both client specific as well as tasks such as press releases, white papers, blogs, comment piece, social content, e-books, infographics etc.
- Outstanding presentation skills both written and oral
- Eye for visual content
- Able to direct and manage project to budget, time, and overall performance
- Ability to instruct project team effectively (these are usually a combination of internal and third party resources)
- Able to prioritise requirements and tasks and help the team to
- Able to seek out opportunities between clients
- Stickler for grammar and punctuation, delivering tasks and meetings on time and managing client expectations
There is a lot that you can shape.
For the business side:
- Retain projects and clients, adding value as well as demonstrating RoI
- Expanding contracts and project
- Bringing in new business through reputation, promotion, our own PR and marketing (level is different whether senior manager or associate director)
- Excelling at client relationship management, understanding the nuances as well as delivering on agreed requirements
- Writing guest blogs and articles for third party publications and platforms
- Attending relevant events
- Speaking at targeted events
- Promoting OggaDoon through PR, digital marketing, partnerships etc.
- Supporting team members through their Professional Development Plans
- Identifying training needs and skills gaps
- Assisting with recruitment
Now this definitely is your cup of tea if you have read all that. Please apply with:
- A short slide show with examples to support your application
- 1 x Business As Usual project success (results, the need and what you did)
- 1 x Campaign project (RoI and impact)
- Examples of how you interact with press and your results
- Examples of how you manage a project team and what this resulted in
- What guerrilla communication/marketing means to you
- Plus a couple of references
We are wanting you to start as soon as you can. Application to be sent in by October 12th 2020.
If you have any questions, for an informal chat, please contact Caroline, OggaDoon’s CEO on 07970 233490.